Dang, 2017 is coming to a close and it’s hard to believe like it is every year. I’m not feeling quite as terrible as I was at the end of 2016 in which I was so happy to see 2016 be over. 2017 has been strange. I did some really awesome things, interspersed with regular days working and some gross things happening in the world as a whole.
In 2017 I did a good amount of travelling!
- In January I went to Washington, DC for the first time to attend the Women’s March!
- In February I traveled home to see my family in Indiana.
- In March we went to Ft. Lauderdale for a family wedding.
- In May I went to New York for a few days to enjoy the late spring weather.
- In July we headed to Indiana for a few days.
- In October I spent 10 days in London and Paris.
- In November I spent a few days in Indiana enjoying my newest niece.
- In December I spent a long weekend with Kayla in Nashville!
Some of my favorite moments from 2017 included attending the Women’s March in DC which I thought would never happen! It was a truly amazing, unique, empowering experience that was unlike anything else I’ve experienced. (Probably up there with seeing the original Broadway cast of Hamilton!). I also was so excited to get to finally travel internationally to London and Paris in October which has been a dream of mine since I was about thirteen.
I hit eighteen months at my current job, which I’m proud of although ashamed to say that it’s the longest I’ve been at any nursing job. But I’m happy to be happy in a place still and only occasionally fantasize about running away with the circus.
I read 35 books this year. Which is a good start but I want to read more.
I’ve been writing a bit more this fall but I want to continue. I know that writing gets easier the more I do, or at least the routine gets easier.
I got to welcome a new baby niece to my family which as been awesome! As well as taking some photos of her that was fun. I also photographed a co-worker’s family for their Christmas photos, which was fun and reminded me that I do enjoy taking photos, something I hadn’t done in a long time.
All in all, I’m excited to see what’s in store for 2018!!